Choosing A Method
We offer birth control options ranging from oral contraceptive pills to long acting reversible contraceptive devices. You should discuss with your provider which ones would best suit your lifestyle. Birth control counseling is included as part of your abortion appointment. Making a decision about birth control is personal, and we will make sure all your questions and concerns are answered.
Careful and consistent use of a recommended birth control method will help prevent an unplanned pregnancy. Through our associated practice Brookside Women’s Medical Center, our staff can help you decide which method is best for you.
Contraceptive options include:
- All types of Birth Control Pills
- The Shot (Depo Provera)
- The Vaginal Ring (Nuva Ring)
- IUD (5 or 10 year option such as Mirena and Paragard)
- The Rod (Nexplanon – 3 year option)
- Bilateral Tubal Ligation
- Laparoscopic permanent sterilization
- Essure – the most recent permanent sterilization technique
If you are unable to visit our office for a birth control consultation or to find a clinic closer to home, use the Office of Population Affairs handy clinic finder.