Your Health & Safety is our #1 Priority
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only taking requests for appointments over the phone. Please call the office if you need to schedule it at 512-443-2888. We are currently not accepting appointments for Emergency Contraception or Pregnancy Testing. During this time of social distancing, you will need to go to your local pharmacy for those services.
Online Patient Portal
Patient forms can be completed online through our Patient Portal. When scheduling your abortion appointment, please provide our staff with a valid email address. You will receive an email with a link to an encrypted and secure web portal. There you can create your account and fill out ALL the forms available to you before your appointment.
What to Expect At Your Abortion Appointment
It may be comforting to discuss the procedure prior to coming in for your appointment, we encourage you to call us with any questions. You are also welcome to visit our office ahead of time to become familiar with our location and staff.
Your procedure will require three* separate office visits to accomplish the following:
- An ultrasound to determine the length of your pregnancy
- Lab work to measure iron levels and determine blood type
- Documentation of vital signs
- Birth control education and personal abortion counseling to discuss your questions and feelings about the abortion
- The abortion procedure and recovery time
- We allow ONE (1) support person to accompany you on your visits. To protect the privacy of all our patients, escorts must present a photo ID and remain in the lobby.
*By Texas Law, a Medical Abortion requires three (3) separate office visits. (effective 3/30/2016)
After the procedure, our staff will monitor your recovery until you are ready to be discharged. Recovery usually takes about 20 – 30 minutes. At your discharge, we will explain all post-abortion care instructions and schedule your follow-up appointments.