Though Texas State Laws make getting an abortion more complicated than is medically necessary, we fully comply with all state regulations. Texas law requires that you have an Abortion Consultation at least 24 hours before you have either the medication abortion or surgical abortion. The 24-hour waiting period begins once you have satisfied the following requirements:
- Received the state-mandated written and oral information that must be provided by the same Physician that will perform the medication abortion or surgical abortion.
- Be handed a Woman’s Right to Know Booklet and Resource Directory published by the state.
- Have an ultrasound performed by the same Physician that will perform the medication abortion or surgical abortion.
We understand that this process can seem insensitive and paternalistic and our staff will do their best to offset this by treating you with the utmost kindness and respect.
Appointments for Abortion Consultation are available Tuesday through Friday and can be scheduled by phone or requested below. For Monday and Saturday appointments please call our office for availability.
To schedule an Abortion Consultation please submit the following form.
How to Prepare for your Abortion Consultation appointment:
- Set aside 2-3 hours for the consultation appointment. We are one of three providers in the entire area so wait times can be long. Please know that it is our desire to make your appointment go as quickly as possible.
- Bring a government-issued photo ID (such as a Driver’s License, State ID, passport). If you do not have one of these forms of ID please call our office so we can advise you on what other forms might qualify. This is required by state law.
- Bring your insurance card if you plan to use insurance.
- Without insurance, the fee for the abortion consultation is $100. We accept cash, credit card, or money order. If using credit and the cardholder will NOT be present, please direct them to the PAYNOW button at the top of this page to process their payment.
- Monitor for signs and symptoms of illness (fever, cough, sore throat, chills, aches, etc). Please reschedule if you are having signs/symptoms of illness.