Abortion Process- What To Expect
Because it may be comforting to discuss the procedure prior to coming in for your appointment, we encourage you to call us with any questions. You are also welcome to visit our office ahead of time to become familiar with our location and staff.
Your appointment will include the following, which will be accomplished in two* separate visits:
- An ultrasound to determine the length of your pregnancy
- Lab work to measure iron levels and determine blood type
- Documentation of vital signs
- Birth control education and personal abortion counseling to discuss your questions and feelings about the abortion
- The abortion procedure and recovery time
We allow ONE (1) support person to accompany you on your visits. All escorts must present photo ID and remain in the lobby. We invite you to read more about our unique approach.
*Medical Abortion now requires three (3) separate office visits effective 3/30/2016.