The Basics: House Bill 15 - Requirements for compliance with the Texas law:
- A mandatory 24 hour waiting period for all abortions. The 24 hours begins at the woman's in-office consultation and ultrasound.The consultation includes:
- Written information about the facility, including toll free numbers and an address to contact the Texas Department of State Health Services. Our licensing information can be viewed below.
- Information from the doctor about the abortion procedure
- An ultrasound exam
- You also have the right to view the Texas Department of State Health Services' Woman's Right to Know booklet and Resource Directory. Or, you have the right to refuse the booklet and directory. By law, we are required to make it available to you, however you are not required to view it. You have a choice. A Woman's Right to Know Information
- On the date of your consultation you will sign a certification stating you have received the information required by law 24 hours before your abortion is performed. Your waiting period begins at that time.
The facility is licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services, License #007882 (Austin). Complaints about these facilities may be made to:
Director, Health Facility Compliance Division
Texas Department of State Health Services
1100 West 49th Street
Austin TX 78756
The Texas Department of State Health Services investigates all complaints against abortion facilities. Complaints must be in writing and signed by the complainant. All information pertaining to complaints will be kept strictly confidential.
TOLL-FREE TELEPHONE NUMBER
You have the right to access certain information concerning this abortion facility by using the toll-free telephone number listed above. If you make a call to the above number, your identity will remain anonymous.
- The toll-free telephone line can provide you with the following information:
- Whether this facility is licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- The date of the last inspection of this facility by the Texas Department of State Health
- Services and any violations of law or rules discovered during that inspection that may pose a health risk to you
- Any relevant fine, penalty, or judgment rendered against this facility or a doctor who provides services at this facility.
You have the right to contact the Texas Department of State Health Services (888-973-0022) in the event this facility does not provide you with the Woman's Right to Know booklet or resource directory, should you choose to view it.